Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What's New?

Well lately I've actually been sewing! I felt a little uninspired for a couple of months and while I was still getting stuff done it was really taking a long time. My fabric was taking over the family room and my bedroom was a claustrophobic mess that I just couldn't work in... So I came up with a plan and decided to get organized. I asked my Papa to make me some IKEAish cubbies and bought the boxes to fit inside.


I got home from work and just ripped my room apart. I don't have much space to work with so I wanted to make the most of it. In the end, I moved the bed, dresser and trunk, broke my bookshelf, bought and built (well Corey built) a new bookshelf, stacked my beautiful custom built cubbie cabinets and moved my desk into the family room and believe it or not I now have much more space! I'm actually organized. For those of you that know me you are well aware that organization is not my strong suit. I'm a bit of a disaster and generally function pretty well within the chaos. But anyway, I now have bins full of fabric that is easy to get at and I know what I have to work with. My sewing machine is set up in the family room and I have a much better workspace that doesn't take over the entire room which is a huge bonus for the rest of the family.


What else? Well I just finished my second set of baby bedding which was a lot of fun to make (I can't wait to see pictures of the room all set up!) and I have had a bunch of custom orders in the shop lately. I'm also in the process of building up inventory for my very first sale! I'm going to have a table at the Flamborough Baptist Church Mom to Mom Sale on Saturday March 24th. I'm really excited about this and hope that it will be a start to getting my info out to other people and getting this business going! You should come check it out, tell your friends! I'm sharing a table with my Aunt (selling handmade aprons) and my sister (selling crocheted childrens hats).

I'm heading up to the cottage this weekend so that I can actually feel like I experienced a little bit of winter and my plan is to bring my sewing machine (sorry Uncle), sit in front of the fire place and gets lots and lots of work done! I have so many cute bags cut out right now and I can't wait to get them put together! I'll post pictures when I get back. I really wouldn't mind if it snowed so much that we got snowed in and had to stay a few extra days... wishful thinking? Probably.






2 comments:

  1. @hlp111 a creative mind is generally unorganized. great job overcoming that ! good post.maybe ill make it to the sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg.... Hopefully I can keep up with the organization :)

      Delete